Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm getting ahead of myself

I have a lot to do and bunny trails going in all directions. The best thing I can think to do is organize my thoughts a bit here in no particular order:
Finish the seats. The passenger's seat bottom needs to be blasted clean before I can reupholster it.
Rebuild the rear end. The pinion yoke doesn't want to come off the pinion so I can't blast that part. When I get it separated, I'll blast it and build the rear end.
Blast the rear end housing and rebuild the rear brakes.
Clean and mock assemble the front suspension. (I bought new upper control arms and lower ball joints along with all new brakes from NAPA.
Paint all that stuff I sandblasted. I'm still trying to decide what paint to use. I want it to last, but I don't want to have to get out the spray gun to do it. I'm trying to find durable, good stuff in a rattle can, which doesn't sound quite so stupid in my head...
Off to bed...I have a bunch of new parts to post pics of sometime soon and the neighbor said he's going to return my engine hoist soon, so maybe we'll get that engine pulled and pics taken soon.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your progress. I enjoy watching as things come together. Someday, after I win the lottery, I'm going to do the same to my 72. Keep up the good work!

    John (zenmaster on FTE)

    ReplyDelete